Dr. B.Ravi Shankar
|Qualification||:||MD(CMC VELLORE), DNB(RT), MRCP, ECMO (MED. ONCOLOGY), FESTRO (RADIATION ONCOLOGY), PDCT, OCTT|
|Designation||:||Consultant Radiation Oncologist|
|Awards||:||He Is The 1st Indian To Achieve The Fellow Of ESTRO In 2013|
He Is A European Certified Medical Oncologist In 2010 By Passing Esmo Examination.
|Medals||:||Gold Medalist In MBBS, Gold Medal In Pharmacology During MBBS.|
- Presently Working as Senior Consultant & Clinical Oncologist at Queen's Nri Hospital (Institute Of Oncology)
- 1997 to 2005 Worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Lions Cancer Hospital, Visakhapatnam
- Asst. Professor Of Radiotherapy in Kakatiya Medical College From March 2005, Later Transferred To Andhra Medical College In July 2005 & Continuing as same till date.
- 3 Years Exp. Of Academic M.D Programme in Dept Of Radiation Oncologyat Christian Medical College, Kakinada.
- 1 Year Exp. at Christian Medical College, Vellore Dept Of Emergency Medicine & S.S.H.S During 1992- 1993
Dr. Ravisankar's goal is to provide the best cancer treatment option possible for each individual patient. He has a special clinical interest in breast cancer and stereotactic radio surgery, especially for tumors of the lungs, liver, spine, and gastrointestinal malignancies (rectal and pancreatic). In addition, Dr. Ravisankar is part of an interdisciplinary team that participates in tumour board meetings designed to study the safety and efficacy of treatments for various cancers. Dr. Ravisankar believes in providing knowledgeable, compassionate care. He also understands the importance of education and seeks to provide his patients with as much information about their disease as possible.
Dr. Ravisankar is a keen participant and enjoys educational meetings keeping up to date with latest developments in cancer. He also loves to travel and follow and play various sports and loves to keep fit.