Department of nephrology
Department of Nephrology
Department of Nephrology in Queen's NRI Hospital was established in 2005. Over the years the department has grown leaps and bounds and presently it's a full- fledged department with all the amenities. The department has state of the art dialysis facilities (round the clock dialysis for both in-patients and outpatients). All Intensive Care Unit in the hospital (General ICU, Surgical ICU, Nuero ICU, Cath Lab, And Cardiac ICU are equipped to do bed –side dialysis. Our machines are capable of doing dialysis in hemodynamically unstable patients as well. The dialysis unit is staffed adequately with round the clock experienced technicians. The Reverse Osmosis Plant used for the dialysis facility is one of the best in its category and has a capacity of 2000 liters per hour output. At present we are doing around 1000 sessions of dialysis in a month.
The department have CAPD (Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis) facility. So far we have done 45 CAPD catheter insertions with good success rate. The facilities include Live and Cadavar Renal Transplantation.
The department is actively participating in the academic activities not only in the hospital and also in the Nephrology meetings across the country. The department has published quite a good number of papers in the journals of national repute.
We have a Nephrology OPD which takes care of patients with Kidney diseases including:
- Glomerular diseases (Nephrotic & Nephritic syndromes)
- Tubulointerstitial disease
- Acute kidney injury (including Tropical illness, postoperative, pregnancy related)
- Chronic Kidney diseases
- Resistant hypertension
- Complex fluid electrolyte & acid base imbalances
- Medical management of renal stone diseases
- Lupus nephritis & Vasculitis syndromes
- OPD Follow up of patients on Haemodialysis & Peritoneal Dialysis
- OPD Follow up & care of Renal Transplant recipients